Vidya Prasarak Mandal's
ADVANCED STUDY CENTRE
C/o. B. N. Bandodkar College of Science, Bldg. No.6,
Thane College Campus, Chendani, Thane (W). 400601.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. No.: 022 – 25339871 URL: www.vpmthane.org
GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN
AND LANDSCAPE DESIGNING
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPE DESIGNING
Duration: Nine Months
Timings: 2/3 days a week)
Eligibility: B. Sc.
Commencement : July / August
1) Garden Design:
Scope and objectives of gardening
Style of gardens: Formal, Informal
Types of gardens: English, Mughal and Japanese.
Components of garden
Planning of outdoor gardens: Small, Residential, Larger Home Garden, Roof Garden, Terrace Garden, Children's garden, School and Institutional Garden, Park, Industrial garden, Housing complex, Indoor gardening
Garden Features and Ornamentation:
Water, Garden pool, Stream, Waterfall, Fountain, Rocks, Roads, Walks, Pavements and Steps, Walls fences and Gates.
Hedges, Edges, Arches, Pergolas, Screens and Bridges.
Lawns, Flower beds, Borders, Carpet bedding, Shrubberies, Plant containers & raised Beds
Statues, Towers, Plant stands, Green House, Conservatories, Night-lights
Herb garden, Rose garden, Bog garden, Sunken garden, Topiary garden, Kitchen garden, Paved garden, Dish garden, Rock garden, Terrace garden, Water garden & Bottle garden (Terrarium).
production and management:
Scope, Site, Soil, Environment, Layout, Manure, Fertilizers, Maintenance, Garden tools, Culture and Garden calendar, Types, Nursery beds, Pest & Disease management. Hi-tech Nursery.
5) Propogation of ornamental plants by seeds, layering, cuttings, grafting, budding & tissue culture.
protection in ornamental crops:
Insect pest and their control
Fungal pest and their control
Viral pest and their control
Common garden weeds & their control
7) Trees and their significance in garden and landscape designing
8) Concept of container / pot garden and designs
9) Ground cover plants
10) Selaginella, Ferns and Lycopodium
11) Herbaceous perennials and Bulbous plants
12) Annuals & Biennials: Important Genera and Species, their importance in garden designs
13) Orchids: Environment, propogation, potting & compost, nutrient supply, watering, important species
14) Morphology of root, stem, leaf, inflorescence, flower, fruit and seeds of plant
LANDSCAPE DESIGNS AND FLORICULTURE
1) Landscape Design: Definition, objectives and scope, Landscape elements of construction and designing of Residential, Commercial, Bungalow, Public area, Hotel, Educational Institute and religious places
2) Computer application in landscape
3) Palms and Cycas: Characteristics, propogation, culture, pest and disease, importance and uses, genera and species of palms and Cycas.
4) Bamboo and conifers: Genera, species and varieties
5) Shrubs: Different types
6) Climbers and Bougainvillea: Different types
7) Hedges for gardens & farms:
8) Lawns & Grasses: Planting methods, maintenance, pest management
9) Ornamental succulents, Cacti and Aquatic plants
technology: Scope and objectives of floriculture.
Cultivation practices of following cut flowers in polyhouse:
Gerbera, Anthurium, Carnation, Roses
11) Development of flowerbeds and their designs
12) Preparation of Bonsai and Flower Arrangement
13) Application of tissue culture
14) Global Warming, Carbon Credit, Rainwater Harvesting and Green Building Concept
· Visits to Gardens, Nurseries, Agriculture Colleges/Universities, Exhibitions, Polyhouses, Flower shows etc.
· Out doors practicals are conducted in well-developed garden on the College Campus.
· In-house Training
ADVANCED STUDY CENTRE
C/o. B. N. BANDODKAR COLLEGE OF SCIENCE,
THANE COLLEGE CAMPUS, NR. CIDCO BUS STOP,
THANE (W). 400 602. MAHARASHTRA. INDIA.
Tel: (91-22) 25339871
Visit us: www. vpmthane.org E-mail : email@example.com