VPM is a pioneer-educational institute in Thane, enthusiastically
and zealously catering to the basic needs of education of students
everyday through its Marathi and English medium schools located
in Naupada and the colleges situated near Thane Railway Station.
If one looks back at this stage he can see the hardships aced
byy the earlier members to nurture this institute. Thus, taking
into consideration the need of education. One person staying in
the Brahmins Society came forward to provide education to some
of the locality. In the year 1932, on an auspicious day of Gudhi
Padwa, the above mentioned person named Mr. T. R. Ghanekar laid
the foundation by starting a primary school with five children.
The school was held in Brahmin Society at Shri. Rambhau Sahsrabudhe's
residential. Both Ghanekar and Sahasrabudhe received an active
and continuous support by Late Shri Pendse, Karve, Sathe, Bhakamkar
and Phadke. The efforts proved successful and the tiny school
of Shri Ghanekar soon became the 'Registered Private Marathi School'.
As the students increased in number then the existing school coudn't
accomadate them - so the school had to be shifted from - Saasrabudhe's
place to Ghanekar's house - then to the office of Brahmin Society,
then to Ghanekar's Chawl on 13th June 1957 it was also decided
to construct 3 class-rooms in the buffalo-pen which was in front
of the school. In the buffalo-pen Vth and VIth standard classes
were started with the partition of gunny bag curtains.
Dr. V. N. Bedekar and his colleagues Shri. Gunekar Joshi, T.M.
Phadke, P. Savlaram, Vasant Taskar, Prof. K.G. Kunte, Bhagwat
and V.R. Paranjpe took over the charge of the Mandal. Then Dr.
Bedekar was elected as the president on September 1957. He was
enthusiastic full of vigour and zean to run the institute. The
spirit of hardwork in him and his guidance inspired and motivated
his team to work hard.
Immediately after taking over the charge, the member prepared
the constitutions for the Mandal. In 1959 on Dassera, foundation
stone for the first building was laid by Shri. S. M. Joshi. The
land for the same was acquired from shri. Bhargavram Gokhale.
The secondary and leadership of the Vice President Shri. D.W.
Tillu. As Dr. Bedekar Vidya Mandir (which included Primary and
Secondary Sections). In 1960, In first batch of the secondary
School appeared for the S.S.C. Examination and the result of the
batch was 85%.